In addition to Saluki Express routes, Rides Mass Transit provides accessible transportation for Southern Illinois University. Students need to call Disability Support Services to establish eligibility for this service.
Rides are available:
- Monday through Thursday 6:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Friday 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 a.m.
- Saturday 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 a.m.
- Sunday 7:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
AFTER being approved by DSS, students can schedule rides by contacting Rides Mass Transit:
- Toll-Free 1-844-220-1243
- Williamson County Dispatch at 618-993-1900
- Rides Call Center at 618-215-3761
Rides must be scheduled between the hours of 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday because there are no dispatchers in the evenings or on Sundays.
Call as soon as possible to set up rides, 24-hour advance notice is preferred. A minimum of one-hour advance noticeis required before pick up.
Be prepared to give:
- Your name
- Address where you need to be picked up
- Address where you need to go
- Time you would like to be picked up
- Time you want to return, if needed.